Thursday, May 29, 2014

Orange Jello Salad

May, beautiful May!!!  

I've enjoyed more days of May weather than I have of any other month.  May always seems to be so full of bright and sunny days that are not too hot nor too cold; just perfect weather.  
 

Earlier in the month, before I become a sore-foot, the weather here was on the cool side, but not too bad.


A good day for hanging around outside and cloud watching.


A gentle constant breeze was in the air, making the clouds in the sky seem like a movie in an enormous theater.


If you want to know what's on your kid's mind, get him to cloud watch with ya.  Troy has quite the thoughts in that head of his!!!


Here are two horses (between the tree branches, and it might help to squint a little) that just rescued a baby flying dragon:


In the other direction, the garden is now a blank canvas awaiting the artists.  :) 


So far, I've got peppers, tomatoes, and cantaloupe started and ready to plant.  My grandma used to call cantaloupe musk melon.  Also, I remember she used to salt it before eating it. 


The lily's were cut from a place along the road.  They are so pretty!


Well, let's get down to business shall we?  Since the Watergate Salad was a hit, I thought I'd post another one that I was told about-- Orange Jello Salad.


This one is just as easy.  Mix fruit and jello together, chill in the fridge, and mix in cottage cheese and Coolwhip.  The kids loved this salad!!!  The have asked me to make it again several times.  The next time I make it, I am planning to experiment wit different flavors of Jello, but the Orange is REALLY GOOD!!!  Also, it's bright and sunny like a day in May!


Orange Jello Salad


1 (6 ounce) package orange flavored Jell-O® mix 
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple and Jell-O. Mix well and chill for 1/2 an hour.
  2. Add cottage cheese to fruit; stir to mix.
  3. Gently fold in whipped topping; chill and serve.





2 comments:

  1. I made the Orange Salad yesterday and it's a winner!!! Please post more recipes. Love your blog, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete