Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Watergate Salad

Hello There!
The other day someone told me they were having a garden party and making a Watergate Salad.
Well, I don't know about you, but it's been way to long for me since I've had that!  I decided to whip one up this past weekend.


It's super easy to make.  Start by mixing a can of crushed pineapple with Instant Pistachio Pudding (I used sugar free pudding). Then sprinkle some finely chopped pecans .  Mix in CoolWhip, and tell the kids not to touch the green lake slime salad in the fridge. 


It's a good idea to let it chill a few hours.  I don't dare tell them what it actually is if I want any chance of it staying untouched till it's done.  Next, add mini marshmallows and your in business!  (Official recipe included at the end of this post.)


Now's the time to break the news to the kids, that id if you plan to share. If not, don't let em see you adding mini-marshmallows!  I broke down and shared it with my kids.  Troy lemme use his Cars dish.


In case your wondering, I had a red raspberries in the dish, and topped them with the Watergate Salad.  They are soooo good that way!


Along with the Watergate Salad, I served up a light supper of corn and chili cheese dogs.


Yes, that's right, these dogs have a chili flavor and cheese inside them.  They are by Johnsonville.  No, I don't get anything for the advertising.  :)

Oddly, I feel it's my duty to tell ya'all about the good stuff.  (Or at least Mom and that fortunate soul who stumbled upon my blog.) 

Speaking of good stuff, this bunny hunkering down in the grass, was licking his little bunny lips in anticipation of me planting the garden.  Soon, Bunny Boy, soon.
 

Sunday after church, the kids and I went go-karting!   Little Mario there, was super speedy!


Luigi's kart was slower than Mario's.


Troy, opps, I mean Mario, kept speeding though the pit stop lane; he turned it into a passing lane.  Except when he wasn't near Gladys Luigi.


Luigi, got daring and did some no hands driving. Wonder where she learned that?  The kids and I rode the over 42 inches tall Karts too.  Finally, a vehicle that I could reach the gas pedal!!!


Sunday, we also took a ride out to the neighbor's farm.  They live down the road near the quarry and have turkeys, as well as several other farm animals.


The quarry had a few clusters of what looked like swirling dirt at first.  It turned out to be large schools of minnows, or possibly tadpoles.


I also noticed several fish hitting the surface.  I thought this big bluegill was a bass at first:


Monday evening Gladys and I went to the park.  Justin caught a sucker fish.


I got a rock bass.  I was using a rubber spider in the creek and my line got snagged on some old, cut line in the water.  Luckily, I was able to pull it up and it had a hungry rock bass on the other end!


Talk about HUNGRY, this poor little catfish Gladdie's friend, Justin caught in the pond is nothing but scales and bone.  He released the starving fish into the creek.


Yes, both girls have Justin's.  Gladdie was in the middle of snake chasing when he came over and introduced himself.


She was trying to get a closer look and pet this guy:
Hint-- his head is sticking out in the middle of the pic.


It's a baby water snake.  Mama snake came out too! (Curved close to the rocks.)


Sibling snake joined in the fun!


The three snakes refused to pose together for a family pic.  :)

Watergate Salad



 Adapted by: Kraft

Rich with crushed pineapple, pudding, marshmallows and whipped topping, a sweet, chilled Watergate salad is always the first to go at the buffet table!

8 servings, about 1/2 cup each

Ingredients:


1 can  (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 pkg.  (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding (I used sugar-free)


1/2 cup  chopped Pecans

1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (I used Light)

1 cup  JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows


COMBINE first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
STIR in .  JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
REFRIGERATE 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment