Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas 2014

Merry Christmas!!!  


Ok, so it's a few days past Christmas.  I'm having fun trying to keep up on the blogging.


Veggie Pizzas was some of the goodies I made, (back by popular demand). I made the coleslaw just because I happened to have the ingredients on hand, and it went over well too.
 

Before heading over to Mom's to celebrate Christmas, I had to snap this pic of  Tommy and Snowball:


Notice the window cling cardinals?  Real cardinals have tried to chase them away-- silly birds!


Blogging has been a hobby of mine for roughly a year and half now.  My very first post was back in August of 2012.


Looking back, I started my blog to help myself and others.  I wanted accountability and to motivate my readers.


I still enjoy those aspects of blogging, but due to a series of injuries, my focus has shifted.


Now, my blog is less about exercise and diet.


More about family and day to day life.


I have plans to get back into running.


Anyone who knows me, knows-- I really, really need to run!


The cool thing about writing a blog is, over time, it serves as a track record for progress as well as set backs.


Now, as I look back and reflect on the year, I feel so incredibly blessed. 


Christmas morning was full of excitement as the kids opened gifts from Santa (no lumps of coal)!


I don't have the details of how I am going to get back into running worked out yet, all I know is I am excited about it.


Santa brought the pets goodies.


For those of you that read this, I hope you are encouraged, as I am, by the year coming to an end.


We can conspire to move forward and face the obstacles in our path.  Bring on the NEW YEAR! :)


Catch those FISH! :)


Dream those dreams! :)


Set new GOALS!


As for me, my new goal is to get a plan together to run without injury.


It may be hard to do and I'm going to blog about it.


God willing, I'll show everyone it can be done and motivate zillions of readers to reach their goals! :)


Being focused and having goals is like a really great gift!


We all need a "do over", or twenty, or a few hundred.  ;)


 And when ya think about it, that's a part of Christmas.


We can all have "do overs" thanks to the GRACE of God.


Christmas is a great time to reflect on how we want to live.


Let's make those changes in our lives that honor God! 


Everyone that watched the Peanuts special knows the true meaning of Christmas is...



To give GLORY to GOD in the HIGHEST, with PEACE on EARTH, and GOODWILL toward men! 

No comments:

Post a Comment