Sunday, December 14, 2014

Fly Tying

Check these out:


The other day I went to Bass Pro to catch up with a few buddies and do some tying. 



I thought these little fishes were made in a unique way:


Ahh, what to tie, what to tie..

 

I settled on making some ice jigs; a bit of hackle, chenille, sinker, and dab of nail polish on a hook.
 

These little hot pink bead head cuties are for the Tie-a-Thon:


I used to meet with the fellows from Duneland Fly Fishers (DFF) every Tuesday night.

Once a month, our meetings were usually fishing presentations.


The last presentation I have been present for was on rigging for perch and white fish.


The rest of the meeting activities included tying and fly fishing.

 Dave's vice is unique:



I found this pattern to be interesting too:


The top fly, (in the pic below), is the finished product of the one being tied above. Confused Yet?  :)


The best thing about tying night is how it sparks creativity within me.


I learn about new patterns each time.  A young man, schooled me on a pattern I have never seen before.


The same type of fly he was working on, happened to be on the cover of Fly Tyer magazine! Sweeet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment