Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Henry Ford Museum

Hi Everybody!  

We visited the Henry Ford Museum, in Dearborn, Michigan, over Christmas vacation!  The horse with his head down reminded me of Eeyore. 


The wagon ride out to the restaurant was nice.  It was all part of a special event, called Holiday Night's, in Greenfield Village.


After supper, Troy and I rode on a wonderful historic carousel, then checked out the train displays.


The carousel is located inside a large gazebo type building; it's on the right in the pic below.


As I walked around the traveled-back-in-time town, the locals all wished me a Happy New Year!


The buildings are remarkable!  Soooo much history, I totally got my nerd on!!!


The only problem was, I froze.


The buildings were quite spread out, and walking to each one, all bundled up, got to be exhausting.


Although, I will say, warming fires were throughout the town, and several of the buildings were heated.  The one below, used to be the home of Mr. Heinz, creator of Heinz brand ketchup.


The evening was rounded out with a Model T ride!


If only we could have been transported from house to house and turned the heat on while doing so.  Wait a sec... that sounds like a 2018 sort of thing!  Maybe I am more futuristic than I thought.  :-)


The next day, we visited the actual museum itself.


It's much more than just vehicles!
 

I was intrigued by the kitchen timeline displays.  Where can I get a sink like that??!



I'm a fan of that stove!


The displays make it easy to picture what it was like back then.


I'm a sucker for this olden day stuff!


My favorite display was the dollhouses!!!


I wanted to start building one asap!!!


The details held so much inspiration.  For example, the way this tree is lit up inspires me to re-think untangling Christmas lights!


 Troy had fun!  He had us all to himself, because Gladys opted out of going.


A couple of displays that I wished I had photographed were the HUGE locomotives and the Mylaxin house.


We were all busy having fun and Troy sure was on the road to happiness...


until his car broke down.  JK  Troy got the opportunity to help put together an actual Model T!


It was a grand place to visit!


As grand as the spot this bird used for his nest!


Warmest Wishes to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment