Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Inside the Wheeler House

My lock picking skills are improving!  Shall we take a look inside?  


Hey-- someone left me a bottle of air freshener!  Ugg-- it's gonna take more than a bottle of air freshener to freshen up this place!


What is that furry thing in the corner?  Not sure I wanna know.


The shudders are kind cute!


I don't know if I can handle going into the basement without a respirator.  Seriously.


Someone had died here.  The stench in the house is about 70% rotting flesh, 20% moldy basement, and 10% rodent waste.


On a more positive note-- I like the built-in shelves!


Why has this place been ransacked?


The front door is sealed shut.  Interesting.


Is that a live animal?  Nope, just old furs.


Come on in Mom!  Doesn't she look thrilled?  ;-)


Mom actually likes working with me.  Granted it does seem a bit overwhelming at first, but it's not anything we can't handle.


I see a ton of potential in this house.


I think the roof must be fairly new.  It's no longer leaking and looks good.


Someone was a little too late in replacing it though.  Better late than never, I guess.


Was this a beauty salon?  How cool is it to have a shampoo sink room!?  Wow!


Another ceiling that's caving in!  Bummer.


Someone liked to read!  Sooo many boxes of books and magazines!


There isn't even a path to the window or closet, just a sea of stuff!


I like the real wood floor!


Sooo, let's see-- three bedrooms plus a beauty salon room!  It's a fairly decent layout too!


I can see this house getting one heck of a makeover!


I wonder what's in the attic?


It's exciting to explore and fix up these old houses!  During this initial tour, I held my breath and ran outside periodically for air.  Also, I pulled my shirt up over my mouth and nose.  Next time I work inside, I'm going to have to use a respirator.  A gal cannot be too careful when it comes to her health!



No comments:

Post a Comment