Monday, January 15, 2018

Laporte Houses

A few years ago, I bought my first house as an investment experiment.  I wanted to see if I could fix it up to flip it, and really make it financially worthwhile.  



The experiment was a success, although the house didn't sale, instead I couldn't pass up the option to rent it out.

Currently, the house has more than paid for itself in the rent I have collected!



Fixing up the house was fun.  I did most of the work myself with the help of my crew consisting of Mom, Roni, Jean and Jamie.


Much of the work that was done consisted of cleaning and painting.


I did update the some of the lights, and I replaced any flawed electrical outlets.


I installed the plumbing for a main floor laundry unit.  Plus, I got very skilled at the art of sweating copper pipes when I fixed a few leaks in the basement.  As you can see, I didn't burn the place down!



It's a nice place to live now; very clean and fresh!


I've been blessed with good tenants and that motivated me to purchase another house in Laporte!


This little cottage I refer to as the lake house, but it isn't directly on the lake.  It is across the street from Pine Lake though.


The lake house needed a new roof and I had to fix the plumbing.



I didn't mind, given what I paid for the property, to do a little work.  This house has been the best investment so far.


I feel like my intuition kicks in when screening applicants to rent to.  A thorough background check, never hurts though.



All I can say is, I have gotten lucky when it comes to finding good tenants.  

So there you have it, this is my new job, and I love it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment