Saturday, January 27, 2018

Turkey Run

This past November I had the opportunity to spend a weekend at Turkey Run State Park!


Thank Goodness for the spa tub!


I hiked my legs off at this place!


It's sooo pretty, my pictures do not do it justice.


The weather was oddly mild (70 degrees) and I was all about the hiking!


The park was not crowded at all, and I suppose it was due to the time of year.


I thought I would give trail 3 a try; parts of it, was indeed, very rugged!  The bridge wasn't one of those parts.  The bridge was totally easy and fun!


The rock formations were grand for bring in the middle of Indiana!  This one is referred to as the Ice Box:


Uncle Bobby said Grandma Miller used to take him camping here often as a kid.


He told me a story of when Grandma twisted her ankle.  Bobby and my brother had to boy scout her back to the campground!  I was totally able to imagine that scenario.


I was surprised and relieved that I didn't see any snakes!


Maybe I didn't look hard enough, I don't know.


I felt exhausted at home enough to lie down and relax right in the middle of the woods!


A storm was moving in, but it didn't send me running.  I didn't want to leave, and I had began to get the feeling that I had been here before.



I remembered this part:


Dad was hiking with Mom and I, and he was joking about his big belly fitting through that space in the rocks!


By the time I reached the bridge at the beginning of the trail, the rain was coming down hard, as was the temperature. 


Turkey Run really is so beautiful!  I can't wait to go back!  I didn't get to hike as much as I wanted, due to the weather and extremely high winds.  


Plus, I know there are some fish in the creek that I'd like to meet!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment