Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

Hello!

Do I look scared?


Yes, I think I look terrified.  I have the, "Christmas is here and the chaos has begun look".  Naw, just kidding, I'm used to it by now.  Hehe.

To kick off the Christmasing, our church youth group came over to sing to us.  We were delighted.   They went Christmas caroling to a few of our neighbors as well.

 
On Christmas Eve, Glenn had plans to grill out pork chops.



The weather outdoors was bitter cold, so we breaded and baked them instead.  I made homemade mac and cheese, yeast rolls, and green peas.  Food just tastes better eaten off the good china; it was my Grandma's set.

 
After dinner, the kids had some treats they were eager to make.  Troy made Christmas trees out of sugar cones, icing and candies.

  

Gladys made a gingerbread house.

  

They each did their parts all by themselves.

 
The kiddies were having a hard time waiting until Christmas morning for gifts.  I made them go up to their rooms while I got surprises ready for them.  Gladys got a Barbie house, and Troy got a huge bushel basket of Lincoln Logs.  They were both happy as could be.
 
That evening, on Christmas Eve, they each got to open one gift.  Troy got a fuzzy Grinch bathrobe.

Gladys got a robe too.  (She is modeling her tired look.)
Troy had a recipe that he came up with all by himself.  He calls it-- Cookies for Santa.  He said I could share it on my blog.  So here it is: slice a banana, top each slice with unwrapped Hershey kisses (he says it's important they are unwrapped), and add two mint marshmallows. 

Just for good measure, he included some wrapped kisses for Santa too.  Along with a note he wrote all by himself.



No comments:

Post a Comment