Monday, December 23, 2013

The 2013 Pendleton Flood

Have you ever seen Jesus wade before?  On the way home from church Sunday, I seen Him, and took this pic:

 

The high water levels inspired me to go check out Fall's park.  This is what I saw:


The blue building is the Historical Museum.  The town was worried about loosing it.


The police made everyone evacuate the area, including me.  I drove to the safe side of the park.
Unreal to see this much water here!


The next stop was to see how the creek near my house was holding up.  It's flooded of course, luckily I live on a hill.


Then I took a ride out to see how the quarry was. 

The quarry was okay.  The houses I past up along the way were not okay.  


This cream house in particular, had a man on the porch waiting to float down the creek with his house. (I am not joking.)  I offered to rescue him and his belongings, but he declined.  (Sorry about the poor picture quality.)  He did tell me that it was the worst flooding he had ever seen.


Count Your Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment