Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Walking and Hiking

Winter has set in the little town of Pendleton once again with a dusting of snow.    

So, Sunday after church, I spent the day at the Indianapolis Children's Museum with the kiddies.  We made a quick stop for lunch at Hardees before heading to the big city.


The kids were happy and excited to get to go.


I've been here at least a half a dozen times now, and each time I still learn new stuff.  This time was no different.  Troy asked me if the dinosaur's bones were real or not.  I showed him the chart.  Everything in black is real fossil, the white bones are casted.  What I didn't know was, if there isn't a chart, you can tell which bones are real ones by the way in which they are supported.  Fossils are heavy and will not be drilled in (cause they crack easy), so they are usually set upon some sort of support structure.  And now you know too.  :)
 

I like the old Engine that Could.  It was the first to make it up a big hill.  Reminded me of the Think-I-can story.


When I wasn't filling my head with facts, I was spying on Lexi and Gladdie.  They never knew I was watching them and took their pic.


Troy hung out with Glenn and I, while Lexi and Gladys were allowed to wonder a bit more.  It felt good to be able to walk around the museum this time, for the last few times I was hobbling due to my foot being in a cast.


One of Troy's favorite events was the skate pond.


Such concentration and gracefulness!


Oh, oh, OH-- Guess What I found!!?  A morel!!!!  I've only been looking for this mysterious fungi for the last 7 years now.  :)


This is Bumblebee the Transformer.  I like his knit hat.  Wouldn't want that metal headie gettin cold now.  Hehe.

 

Gladys has been a bracelet making maniac lately.  Troy, her sales agent brother, asked Sophie to model her latest creations:







Here's the bracelet Gladys made just for me:




Speaking of crafts, in the above pic I'm modeling a knit sweater that I am making one like it.  The feature I like are the sleeves.  I feel like I have wings in this sweater.  Tee-he.

My new friend Lavonne and I went for hike today.  The weather was brisk, but not too bad for hiking in the woods on a fresh dusting of snow. 
 


This pretty birdie girl posed for a pic:

Stay Warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment