Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 1

Day 1-- checked.  I was planning to write on here that it was oh soo easy, but the truth is, I still had terrible ankle pain from a previous injury.  After about halfway through the second segment of running, my ankle became somewhat numb. My main concern is not to injure it anymore.  The first week is mostly walking, so I decided to just keep on going.  The walking is actually more painful than the running since I get the feeling back when I just walk.  However, I will stick to it exactly as planned.  :)
 
This was my view as I headed out; good thing I like being in the rain.

 

I know by now ya'll must think I'm a zucchini nut, oh well.  The delicious breakfast this morning was shredded zucchini, tomato, peppers, cheese, herbs, and egg backed until cooked.  Yum!


In other news, Troy lost his second tooth over the weekend.  The Tooth Fairy visited him last night and could not find where he placed the tooth.  He was using a special container for it, (an old Avon cream perfume heart.  Anyone remember those?) and holding it when I last seen it.  Anyway, now his lost tooth has gone missing. 

This past weekend was fun.  Yesterday we spent the day in Noblesville, Indiana.  We did some hiking at Potter's Covered Bridge.





                                         Gladys had fun getting her feet wet.

                                          Troy was into waving to all the kayakers.

 

Since we were in the neighborhood of Morse Park we decided to check it out too.  Here's the view of the dam:


 
 Of course with the low water levels the docks look rather sad:

                                         The view of the Morse Reservoir:
 
 
The kids had a good time playing.

 
 


Saturday, we spent the day at Summit State Park.  This is the view from the hill we picnicked on.  The other side of this peek is the beach. 
This spot worked out well to park the boat picnic, and go for a swim, because the other side of the peek is the beach.  Swimming is only allowed at the beach.
                                                                                         
                                                      Summit Lake
                                                                      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment