Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pizza!

 
 
 
 
Oh yes I did! 
 I love pizza.  So when I found a recipe for healthy, low calorie, low carb pizza, I could hardly contain my excitement. 
 
 
This beauty pictured above is the masterpiece.  It's surprisingly EASY to fix.
 
 

  All ya do is put some cauliflower (I used frozen), in a food processor until it looks like rice,

                                            then mix with eggs, cheese, garlic and herbs.

 
Simple as that!  There is no kneeding involved.


 
                                                  Spread it out on a pizza pan and bake. 


 Top with sauce and choice of toppings.  I've got me some finicky non veggie eaters in this household, so I just did cheese.  Little do they know I've done snuck the veggies in the crust.  ;)

 
Broil just until the cheese is all melty and goooey.
 
 
WaaaLa, it's a Pizza Pie!

Cauliflower Crust Pizza


Serves 6; Adapted from Your Lighter Side.

Ingredients:

3 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 egg, beaten
3 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp garlic powder
pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your choice of toppings*

Directions:
To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater).

To Make the Pizza Crust:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, stir together cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic powder, stir. Transfer to the pizza sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 16" round.
Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment