Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 7

 
 
WoooooHooooo, I'm getter better and better at this! My ankle is not perfect yet, but it hardly gives me any trouble now.  Gladys snapped a shot of me after a workout.
 
 
 
Have ya'all heard about the new oatmeal craze?  Overnight oats is made from basically mixing together oats, yogurt and fruit and letting it sit in the fridge overnight.  The result is a very creamy, ready to eat oatmeal breakfast.  I tried it for the first time last night and it wasn't too bad.
 

 I made mine by mixing 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, a dollop vanilla Greek yogurt, a splash of unsweetened almond milk, and a tsp. of honey.  The I topped it off with a bunch frozen blueberries.  It was good, but I think I will stick to having my oats cooked.
 

The charming town of Pendleton, Indiana (where I live, btw) is having there Fall Festival this weekend known as the Fall Creek Heritage Fair.  We went to check it out and as we walked along to the festival, Glenn took me by the hand to show me this car with pretty eyelashes:
The car's owner said ever since she added the lashes her hubby has stopped driving it.  Hehehe

We stopped for lunch and some lemon shake-ups and root beers.

 
Tom, my father in-law, got me a walking taco.  If you've never had one before they are kinda neat, and only 311 calories!  It consists of a bag of Frito's as the base, topped with taco meat, salsa, sour cream, cheese, olives, and peppers.  Delicious! 


Jean had some waffle cut cheese fries.

Gladys and Troy had corn dogs. 
  

Tom is watching Troy show us how us eats with two missing teeth. 


During lunch, I ran into this guy-- Mr. George Price, the town journalist for the Pendleton-Gazette.  He has all kinds of videos about Pendleton on the Internet and is rather a celebrity model citizen here in town.



 We continued strolling around, enjoying the beautiful 70 degree weather, and admiring the wares.


These flowers reminded me of velvet.  They are all soft, fuzzy and cheerful to brighten up your day.
 
 
This was my favorite bouquet because it had a nice mix and awesomely vivid fall colors.


The kids and I also stocked up on some fancy pumpkins to decorate the front porch.


Now here's something new to me-- firestones.  They are basically stones turned into oil lamps.  How cool is that? 


We strolled by oodles of noodles, and I did a double take on the seasoned Southwestern Blend with it's contrasting colors of blue, orange and red (on the far right).  Curiosity got the best of me and I bought some to take home and try.



We had a lovely time.  Plus, we got in several miles of good walking.  Pendleton Heritage Fair is very nice in the fact that there are not huge crowds to contend with.  However, I think that it's due to the fact that it's very spread out throughout the town and around Fall's Park.  Bring your walking shoes if you plan to visit.  :)

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment