Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 8

Hey, I've completed over half of the 5k chart!  Today I felt like increasing my running time, but I am still following the chart.  The last thing I want is to suffer from an injury and be set back.  However, a little extra cross training in the form of biking at Fort Harrison Park is how I rolled today (pun intended).  :)

The peaceful scenery at Fort Harrison State Park:
 
My view as I'm biking with Sophie in the basket:
 
So, we are cruising right along this peaceful trail when suddenly all the serenity parishes after passing a Doberman.  The dog was on a small reel leash and took off after us breaking free from it's owner's grip.  Of course this had to happen just as I was approaching the biggest and meanest hill on the whole darn trail.  After reaching the top of the hill, I glanced over my shoulder at the dog, and my visor slipped off my head.  I reached for it and had it in my hand for a split second when I reached for the handlebar and the dog snatched it from my fingers.  The dog took a little bit of skin with it, but didn't exactly bite me, rather just scratched me with it's teeth.  Poor Sophie was in the basket of my bike trembling like crazy.  Keep better control of your dog people, sheesh!


This weekend was absolutely beautiful weather.  Sunday was a nice relaxing day hanging out at camp.  Well, if you can call being in a moterhome camping.  I think of it more as traveling, but we didn't actually travel much.  Also, when I think of camping, I think of kids playing in the lake and hiking trails.  Reclining in a lounge chair with the laptop playing on the Internet is not what comes to mind.  Oh well, at least I got to do a little hiking and playing in the lake.   
 
More Pumpkins!  We like decorating for Fall at our place.  Gladys found herself a huge pumpkin but, naturally it was at the bottom of the box, and she had to unbury it.  Now with a porch full of pumpkins I will soon be breaking out the best pumpkin recipe ever!  Don'tcha just love Fall.    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment