Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Jumpoline

Hi There!

I'm beginning to feel better, but still not up to fishing yet.  I did go to the park the other day, just to get out of the house for a bit.  I ran into Justin.  He was taking the day off from high school to mourn the death of his Grandpa.  I watched as he reeled in a nice large mouth bass.  He later told me he felt like his Grandpa, in heaven, had a hand in catching that fish.  Also, it's his personal best so far! 


 Gladys reeled in this critter from below the dam:


Oh, the Easter Bunny finally made his way to our house.  He hid the two dozen eggs the kiddies colored, along with baskets of goodies for each kiddie and some plastic eggs filled with coins.

Troy bought the Hobbit Lego Set with his birthday money.  Notice-- it's for ages 8-14.  He's eight now, so he can handle this advanced Lego work!   

 

I've not felt like cooking for quite some time now, due to this illness, but Gladdie has.  She made egg salad and deviled eggs out of the Easter eggs; ALL BY HERSELF!  She dyed the yolk's green, for a festive touch. I don't think she knows it, but when I was her age everything I cooked was green.  It was one of those weird phases kids go through.


Often the kiddies will go out to the trampoline, or jumpoline, as it's called here, and rehearse a show or dance act.  Then, when they have it down, they run inside to gather an audience, which usually consists of Sophie, Dustball and I.  Their latest performance was a song and dance act.  The kiddies are actually quite entertaining.


Hopefully, I'll be feeling well enough to join them on the jumpoline soon.  Ya'all take care.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment