Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mississinewa


Monday the kids went back to school, (thank goodness), from being off an entire week for Spring Break.  To celebrate the return of school, and get what's left of my sanity back, I headed out to Mississinewa for the day. 




I started fishing near the boat ramp at Red Bridge.  Crappie were biting there.




The wind was really blowing, and in the wrong direction!  I had to find a spot to fish where the wind would help my cast.


Also, I used my open spin 6 foot bass rod for a change.  Turned out, 6 foot was rather short for the double jig under a bobber technique.  Who knew?  Slip bobbers were a nono as well.  That's what I started with and it would not work properly.  People were helpful and giving me advice left and right.  The lady in the above pic actually felt sorry for me and put minnows on my hooks so I could catch a nice crappie.  It didn't work, but nice of her just the same.


Part of my trouble was that I needed lighter line, a longer pole, and more finesse.  Eh-- lesson learned.  I got the fly rod out of the truck and fished down the river past the dam.


The water was so very muddy that I don't know how any of those fish were able to see anything.  It was a nice day to get out though. 





1 comment: