Friday, April 4, 2014

Kite Flying and My New Purse

Holy Buckets, has it been WINDY here!  Plus, after the winds, came the rains. 


The other day, everyone in the house came out for some kite flying fun.


I was trying out a retractable leash on Sophie and it was sooo windy that I was certain I was about to have a real live dog kite.  :)


The wind made the kites go crazy.  Poor Glenn, his bird was more interested in dive bombing the ground, than in flying.


I've been doing a lot of walking/hiking now that the weather is mild.  If the wind would calm down, I would have been on my bike by now.


Also, I picked me up some roller skates to use at the gym.  Yes, seriously.  Only I returned them to the store today, because the ankle support was broke and wouldn't latch properly.


Plus, I got treated to lunch today, by Karen from church.


We ate at Puzzles, the new place in town.  It's a casual place, yet has entrees such as quail and duck on the menu.



We each had the Casablanca sandwich.  It's turkey, cheese, avocado, grilled pineapple and sweet mango sauce on a homemade bun.  It was delicious!


And we shared a Creme Brulee for dessert-- decadent!  Did I feel guilty for indulging?  Not at all, I have some calorie torching activities lined up for the weekend.


Later that evening, Gladdie and I went to Claires, as she had earned $5.00 and it was burning a hole in her pocket.  She was all about buying glasses.  No, her vision is fine.  These are strictly for fashion and all the new rage!  As you can see, she even had me trying on a pair.  Hey-- they matched my jacket!


Her plan is to wear them to school along with a new hair-do and play a trick on her friends.  She is going to pretend to be someone else and see if anyone will fall for it.  I think they might!


In other news, I got me a new PURSE!  Nope, no Prada here, it's actually a personal floatation device (pdf).


What sold me on it was how compact it was and the fact that it's worn like a fanny pack.  Anyone remember those from way back in the 90's?


So, it all stays nice and tucked in the little fannie pack until I need it.  Then I just yank the string and it inflates.  The pack has a little window to view if the indicator on the co2 cartridge is properly set. Green means it is good to go!


Here's what it looks like on me when I'm in my PJ's:


Even though there was a lot of rain coming down, I felt my chances of drowning were fairly slim so I shut it off for the night. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment