Saturday, December 8, 2012

Tis the Season!

Tis the season for lighting candles falalalala lala la la.
 
 
 
 
And working on another latch hook project lalala lalala la la la.
 
 
 
 
Trying to oo photograph flys falalalalaallaalalala. 
K, that's all the singing I got for today.  Must save voice for caroling soon.  :)
 

 
 
These first two fly pics are the Royal Coachman, of which, I have three different tying patterns for. 
 
These pics are of my simplest pattern that uses just one application of rolled hen hackle for the wings.  Also, I deviated from the pattern slightly by using a lighter brownish/grey hen hackle for both the tail and beard, rather than the traditional dark brown.  Just because that's what I had on hand. 


 
I see the tail looks white in the above photo of a top view.  Plus, the fly really does have two distinct sections of peacock herl with the royal red in the middle.  Man, I really could use some photography lessons!
 
This next fly, besides being a mess (I can explain), is part of a experiment I will be conducting come spring.  It is made from my hair.  When I first began to fish these for trout, I shortened the tail right off the bat.  The next time I fish these, I will see if the fish show a preference for tail length.  Thus, I am waiting to trim these, if I do so at all.


 
 
Here are a few others I recently tied:
 
 
 
 
Besides singing Christmas music, latchhooking, and tying flys, I've been busy chillin with kids.  Yesterday, the kiddies played at Sky Zone




I was expecting to get plenty of sympathetic and confused looks since I now wear that air cast getup. However, as you can tell by the pic, the place was rather empty. Still, I knew better than to go jumping with my hurt foot, even though I really, really wanted too.


 
 
Later that evening, the kiddies helped Lil' Amy celabrate her ninth birthday.
 

 
 
Amy's dog just came home from the groomers and smelled like-- Sugar Cookies!  How cool is that?  Guess who's pets are gonna be scented like delicious baked goods next?  .... Yours Truely!
 

 
 
Now who doesn't like a good luau in December?  We all thought it rocked!
 

 
 
Aloha!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment